Online Poker

I have registered to play in the PokerStars World Blogger Championship of Online Poker! This PokerStars tournament is a No Limit Texas Hold’em event exclusive to Bloggers, you too can take part by registering on WBCOOP

Registration code: 185022

Wednesday 3 June 2009

High Stakes Poker "The Second Sitting"

Been the bigger man.... Well first time i've had to post on my blog and start off with an apology. Not only do I feel it necessary to do so, but feel it necessary to do so THREE TIMES!

Firstly, I apologise to all of you that took part in this game and have been awaitig a post that has took me 2 weeks to complete. I have been really busy with alot of family time then returning to work and havn't found the time as well as fitting in my usual online cash hours.





Secondly, I would also like to apologise for the lack of content in this post. As time has past various hand details and analaysis has become clouded and would be unfair to get vital information wrong to which I would undoubtedly been answerable for, day after day when at work. This I couldn't be arsed with therefore I'm afraid a summary is all I can offer on this occasion.



Thirdly, I would mostly like to apologise for my behaviour on this (supposedly friendly) HSP session. I was bang out of order during the end of the night when my antics can only be described as PHIL HELLMUTH esc. (pic right) as i berated my mates and told them how bad their play was and that they are clear poker donkeys.


My comments were aimed at two people in particular as I witnessed terrible plays time and time again. So instead of keeping my gob shut and taking advantage of this I felt it was my place to degrade them in front of everyone unecessarily and making myself look like a tit in the process.

I never meant to cause any upset or offence lad and fully accept the responsibility for my actions and asure you that this will NEVER happen again! I invited you into my home and treat you with disrespect. I can assure you this will NEVER happen again.



Brief play.... The night started off really well as less is more in terms of people with only 7 players in comparison to the 107 we had in HSP1 the atmosphere was calm but sweet as we played the poker game that we all hoped for. In this game were the following - Varzee, George, Jess, Sparky, Stevie G, Jon and Ryan.

After some early action the play was half decent that even saw people laying down pairs post flop, lol. George and Marc. S seemed to involved in a few big pots that saw Marc lose 2 max buy-ins pretty quickly. George was also involved in a massive hand with Jon when Jon 1-outer'd George on the river for his full house to keep Jon from becoming pretty deep.

I dont want to discuss many hands for the reasons i've stated above and dont want to upset people anymore than I already have. I took some brief PocketCam footage that was a new idea but wasnt used to it's full effect. I now know how well this could work it'll definately be a major feature on the next episode of High Stakes Poker (used properly unlike footage below)







Winners and Losers... The end result was not about the money for me, I feelt as though i'd lost more than that. Anyway i ended up -£45, Sparky -£120, Stevie -£30/60, George was a big winner with over £100, Jess was the biggest winner again (girl got game) over £100 although Ryan -£60/90 he managed to spunk alot on the last hand with air which didnt please Jess as they were splitting cash.

Overall..... It was a big learning curve for HSP as we discovered that less people work, less drink also works, pocket cams could be great and if ya dont act like a tit could be a great night. I think the idea of playing cash against work collegues was always gonna hit some stumbling blocks and feel that a different format will be the best option for the next session. In the form of a freezout or a rebuy tournament where losses wont be too personal and headhunting will be appreciated. Not sure on the details yet but be sure this will happen soon.

Keep a look out for more High Stakes Poker......

2 comments: